Our mission is to make the
Gardens an attractive and safe place to visit.
Our parks should be the little pockets of tranquillity, where people can come and enjoy and relax in some of the United Kingdom’s Green spaces. We at Southchurch Hall Inspirational Parkers (S.H.I.P) are responsible for the preservation of one of the UK’s many gardens and local parks that are slowly being eaten away in the name of progress. Please help by joining our battle to halt this process and realise the social benefits that parks bring to our community.
Come to any
of our fund raising Events…
S.H.I.P (Southchurch Hall Inspirational Parkers) is a constitutional charity who came together with one thing in common: we love our local park. Unfortunately, it had become neglected, which attracted people displaying all kinds of antisocial behaviour. Our mission...read more
Did you know that bread should not be fed to ducks?
The best foods for ducks are those that provide the nutrients, minerals and vitamins the birds need for healthy growth and development. Many of these foods are similar to the natural food that ducks would forage for themselves.
1. Sweetcorn – It turns out that ducks are quite partial to sweetcorn: tinned, frozen or fresh! Obviously, remove them from the tin first.
2. Lettuce – As a nation we’re guilty of throwing away a vast amount of lettuce, especially the bagged variety. Instead of consigning it to the bin, rip it into pieces and treat your local ducks. Rocket, Kale and Iceberg are all great choices.
3. Frozen peas – There’s no need to cook them but make sure you defrost them first!
4. Oats – Flapjacks, rolled oats and even instant porridge oats will be a huge hit with ducks.
5. Seeds – Whether you buy bird seed or seeds from the healthy aisle in the supermarket – the ducks will be very grateful for these nutritious nibbles.
6. Rice – Wild ducks will appreciate a handful of leftover rice from a takeaway or uncooked rice.
7. Pellets – Duck feed pellets or poultry starter pellets are another great option and they can be purchased from farming or agricultural supply stores.